elmley11

elmley11.jpg

The pedestal of the font, showing coiled dragons dates from the late 11th or early 12th century. The bowl dates from the first part of the 16th century. Panels include the Tudor Rose, badges of Henry VIII, who owned the manor until 1544 and symbols of the local families including Savage and Beauchamp. The font is at the back of the nave near the foot of the tower.

Photo album created with Web Album Generator