|Panorama shot on 4 March 2017|
|The old station at Rushton Spencer||The pump by the station|
|Cliff Park Hall||St. Lawrence's Chuch, Rushton Spencer|
|The tightrope walker near the lake dam||The Bridestones, with Hermione and Snuffles|
|Yachting on 13 Dec 2009||Rudyard Visitor Centre Plaque|
|Leaving Dam station on a fine Sunday in May||'Excalibur' takes on water at Rudyard station|
|'King Arthur', July 2006||'King Arthur' on 14 February 2007|
|'Pendragon' on 1 April 2013||'King Arthur; on 1 April 2013|
|What is this building?||Path with rail track on the east side of the lake|
Close to the old railway station at Rushton Spencer is a car park, which is ideally placed for those wishing to walk to nearby Lake Rudyard. The lake was built at the end of the 18th century to feed the Caldon Canal. At the south end is a dam. In the summer a miniature railway runs along the east side of the lake. On the west side of the lake lies Cliffe Park Hall, built about 1830 in the Gothic style.
The church for Rushton Spencer is not in the village but up the hill to the west. It is unusual in that it has a small wooden tower. There was a church on this site from 1206. The exterior walls are believed to date from the late 17th century. The east window dates from 1690 and the south door from 1713. The north aisle, a chapel on the north side of the chancel and the tower are of later date.
It is convenient to pass the church on a walk from Rushton Spencer to the Bride Stones and then to the top of the Cloud, where fine views can be enjoyed on a clear day across Cheshire and Staffordshire and into Shropshire and Wales.
The Buildings of England, Staffordshire, by Nikolaus Pevsner, Penguin,
1974, ISBN 0 14 071046 9
The Old Parish Churches of Staffordshire, by Mike Salter, Folly Publications, 1996, ISBN 1871731 25 8