|St. Lawrence, Biddulph||Stone coffin lid|
|Church cross adapted as sun dial||Statue on War Memorial|
The exterior of the church of St. Lawrence dates mainly from the major restoration by T. Trubshaw in 1833, but the tower is 15th century. The nave has Early English four bay arcades. There are eight 13th century stone coffin lids around the church, inscribed with crosses, swords and battle-axes. These are now seats around the outside of the church. The octagonal stone cross is medieval and the oldest item in the church is the Norman font. There is also the tomb of Sir William Bower, who died in 1640. The south chapel was added in 1873.
The Buildings of England, Staffordshire, by Nikolaus Pevsner, Penguin,
1974, ISBN 0 14 071046 9
Staffordshire Churches, by Mike Salter, Folly Publications, 1996.