|Elizabethan hall||Hall from the churchyard|
|St. Peter's, Somersall Herbert||Churchyard cross|
The Elizabethan Hall was built by the Fitzherbert family and Arthur Mee records that in the entrance hall are oak tablets to John Fitzherbert and his wife dating from 1564. There is a SW wing of brick, built in 1712 and further additions of 1850. The porch was built in 1899.
The church was rebuilt in the 19th century by C. J. Neale of Mansfield and the tower dates from 1912. There is a chancel window by Kempe. The church has a Norman font and in the chancel there is an effigy of a priest. The church cross may be as old as 13th century.
The King's England, Derbyshire, by Arthur Mee, first published by Hodder & Stoughton in 1937, 6th impression February 1951.
The Buildings of England, Derbyshire by Nikolaus Pevsner, revised by Elilzabeth Williamson, first published by Penguin in 1953, Yale University Press edition, 2002.