|Tarvin on a spring morning||The Old Grammar School, 1600-1939|
|From the East on a July morning||From the South East|
|The Nave||South Arcade|
|Detail of Decorated Capital in South Arcade||14th Century Screen in South Aisle|
|The 15th Century Font||Memorial to Elizabeth Angel who bore 20 children|
|Memorial Plaque with bullet hole||Green man on choir stall|
|'George & Dragon'||Fine Georgian Houses from 1756|
St. Andrew's has its entrance in the west wall of the 15th century tower. The original church was built in the late 12th century and belonged to the bishops of Coventry and Lichfield, who were the manorial lords. There was remodelling in the 14th century and from this period there is the south wall and south arcade. The Bruen chapel, south of the chancel retains 14th century windows but the windows in the south aisle were modified in the 18th century. Pevsner comments that the capitals of the south arcade have been recut or remade. The roof of the south aisle dates from 1380 but was covered with plaster for a time.
The remainder of the church was rebuilt in the 15th century apart from the chancel which was restored in the 18th century. The tower belongs to the late 15th century and the north aisle was added afterwards, with six arches on octagonal columns. The Bruen chapel has a 14th century screen and some interesting wooden memorials to John Bruen, 1605; Mary Tilston of Huxley, 1651; Mrs Jane Done, 1722 and the one shown in the photograph which reads:
Here lyeth the body of Elizabeth the wife to John Angel of Crowhurst in ye county of Surrey Esqr & only daug of Sr Robert Edolphe of Hinxhill in ye county of Kent Kt: she bore unto ye sd Jno: Angell 20 children but left after her aliive only 9 viz 6 sones William, Robert, John, James Justinian & Thomas & 3 daughs: Mary, Thomasin & Frances: she dyed ye 16 of March 1661 at Peele Hall being aged 62 yeares.
The hammer beam nave ceiling dates from 1650 and carries the names of "Raphe Wright, John Bruen, Churchwardens, Charls Boouth and Will Venables, Carpintrs" This roof was covered by lath and plaster in the 18th century but rediscovered during restoration in 1891. The East window is by Kempe (1892)
The vicars are known from Nicholas de Blaston in 1307.
The Buildings of England, Cheshire, by Nikolaus Pevsner and Edward Hubbard,
Yale University Press, 2003, ISBN 0 300 09588 0
Old Cheshire Churches, with a supplementary survey of the lesser old chapels of Cheshire, completely revised and enlarged by Raymond Richards, first published in 1947 and reprinted by E. J. Morten, Didsbury, 1973.